The Free Clinics
Patient phone: 828-697-8422
Business phone: 828-697-8422
841 Case Street
Hendersonville, NC 28792
County (or Counties) served:
- Medical Clinic
- Diabetes Program
- Psychiatric Clinic
- Pharmaceutical Support
- Specialty Clinics
- Specialty Referrals
- Community Health Programs
- Wellness Screenings
Days and hours of operation:
- See our website for specific days and hours of each service
- 200% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Resident of Henderson or Polk Counties
- Resident of Transylvania for pharmacy only
Donations (no recommendation); $3 pharmacy filling fee
Yes, three full-time staff
The Free Clinics offers 19 different programs in five program areas. Innovative programming includes:
- Bridges to Health, an unique, integrated “alternative” primary care home for highly complex patients. Bridges has won two national awards for its strong patient health, social, and engagement outcomes.
- Phoenix Project, a new model of care for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and/or human trafficking. Phoenix brings together clinicians and survivor advocates into one person-centered team to address the multiplicity of needs of survivors.
- Community Garden providing over 800 lbs of fresh fruits and vegetables to patients every summer/fall.
- Bikes 4 Life offering free bicycles to those with transportation barriers.
- HealthWays, a peer-to-peer, “viral,” fun, evidence-based health education program.