Membership Guidelines and Standards
Full membership shall be limited to those organizations within the State of North Carolina that: (a) meet the free and charitable clinic definition and full membership standards and (b) are not Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC). Each Full Member shall have one vote on all matters put forth to the Members for vote and are eligible to serve on the Association’s Board of Directors.
Free and charitable clinics are safety-net health care organizations that utilize a volunteer/staff model to provide a range of medical, dental, pharmacy, vision and/or behavioral health services to economically disadvantaged individuals. Such clinics are 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations or operate as a program component or affiliate of a 501(c)(3) organization. Entities that otherwise meet the above definition, but charge a nominal/sliding fee to patients, may still be considered free or charitable clinics provided essential services are delivered regardless of the patient’s ability to pay. Free or charitable clinics restrict eligibility for their services to individuals who are uninsured, underinsured and/or have limited or no access to primary, specialty or prescription health care.
For information please call us at 336-251-1111. To download a Membership Application, click here.
North Carolina Association of Free & Charitable Clinics Member Benefits
- Voting member of the Association
- Option to serve on the Board of Trustees
- Advocacy including lobbyist at the North Carolina General Assembly
- Assistance with applying for NCAFCC Accreditation status
- Federal Tort Claims Act application assistance
- NCAFCC-developed communications materials
- Monthly e-newsletter
- Clinic listing on NCAFCC website
- Access to Members Only portal on NCAFCC website
Funding & In-kind Support
- Access to funding opportunities
- Access to In-kind donations
Conferences and Meetings
- Leadership Retreat
- Statewide regional meetings for all staff members
- Annual Membership Meeting
- Annual Primary Care Conference
- In-person and webinar training opportunities