County (or Counties) served: Union & Anson
- Primary physician care – a medical home for uninsured clients.
- Free in-home glucose testing monitors and supplies for diabetics.
- Prescription Assistance Program for medications and insulin (no narcotics).
- Collaborations with local agencies for all other quality-of-life issues.
- Full-time, in-house diabetes education by Diabetes Educators (RN’s).
- Diabetes self-management counseling, per American Diabetes Association guidelines.
- Nutritional Assistance-Grocery Program (suspended at present d/t COVID).
- Lab testing in-house using Point-of-Care tests – immediate results decreases callbacks.
- One-on-one sessions with educators to provide therapeutic lifestyle changes (diet, exercise, medication compliance, insulin administration, etc.).
- Follow-up appointments with physician and Educators.
- Specialty care referrals for beyond-scope procedures.
- Spanish Translators to ensure accurate delivery of physician’s orders.
- Educational Literature in English and Spanish versions.
- Teaching facility with student interns (5-week rotations year-round).
- In-House Podiatry Care.
- Mammography Bus routinely for uninsured.
- Retinal Screenings performed by NC Prevent Blindness.
- Neuropathy care by Wingate University Faculty & Students.
- Depression Screening & Referral.
- Substance Abuse Care & Referral to Ground 40 & House of Pearls. Treatment Centers.
- Smoking Cessation Education and Stop Smoking aids.
Days and hours of operation:
Monday – Thursday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Resident of Union or Anson County
- Ineligible for Medicaid
- Have no primary care physician
- No funds to purchase medications.